Thursday, October 15, 2015

NeithR's Stencyl Journey - Scenes

Managed to do 100 minutes duration of learning Stencyl. Had to do it at evening because I was busy at day. Also, I was so sleepy when learning at evening, but at least I still managed to learn things.

This time I continued from the Scenes. It was also based on chapter 4 guide (http://www.stencyl.com/help/toc/). In this part, I learned on using region, drawing texts & hud, changing scenes, using backgrounds, and customizing actors.

Learning Scene Part
Learning Scene Part
Using region, I could trigger event on area. It was just like making an invisible square to be collided to trigger an event. On drawing texts & hud, I could draw text and something on the screen. Too bad I didn't try with image yet. Also, the drawing was already automated at the top so I don't have to worry with object's z order on the screen with non text/hud.

Scene's Background
Scene's Background
Changing scenes was also easy to do. It also had transition so I don't have to program transition from the start. I also could use the region feature to do a hidden scene like hidden room. Also, the background was easy to add. I used my old pixel art for the background. Instance added to scene, it was possible to modified again as needed in the scene. This gave more variation to the instance in the run time.

Okay, so far I did 500 minutes or 8 hours and 20 minutes. Still not much. I hope I had more times in the future to learn Stencyl deeper and enjoy what I can do if I spend my time more to learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment